Sunday, September 12, 2010

Packing Larry

The arrival of the container did not occur without a hitch. The company called me at work to say the photo of the house I provided didn't match what the driver was looking at...go figure, he was in the wrong suburb.
It got better, he was meant to be in an 'end loader' but decided to bring a side loader instead...needless to say, he could not drop it ion the driveway as planned.

Fortunately, my neighbours were away for the weekend, and their foot path looked perfect! I assured the shipping company I held all appropriate permits for them to just dump it on the footpath...as long as they picked it up before the council inspectors start work on Monday! ... even if they do put a ticket on it, I'll be sure to read it in great detail....when I get to Africa.

Larry demanded attention right up to the very end. I finally got rid of the last concerning noise...just before he went into the box ( the exhaust flange was vibrating on the chassi-rail). The Roof rack had to come off to fit into the container.

No one I know has tied a car into a shipping container before, fingers crossed we got it right and will see Larry safe in Capetown (that's with a 'C' not a 'K', just in case the shipping company uses the same guy).



"I guess it's OK"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on our adventure